[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - shannen doherty

shannen doherty

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

shannen doherty

Postby midvinter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 am

when i first was interested in shannen it was in 1992
but it wasn,t on 90210
she was on the arsenio hall show

i found out how down to earth she was
smart nice and cool.

after the show i started watching 90210
and the reruns
and all of the other shows and movies she was in

i hope one day i,ll meet her and get her autograph

wesley gray :D
midvinter
New Shannen Fan

Re: shannen doherty

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:18 am

That's awesome!! I think I was like the same age but the movie I watched was the heathers!! It was funny movie and I noticed her, then I started to watch charmed! And of course prue is my favorite character!! After that, 90210 which is kinda weird cause I was like born when it came out!! Now she's one of three favorite actresses that I love and respect!!
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass; of glory in the flower. Well will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind.
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby shaed412 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:18 pm

The first thing I saw Shannen in besides Little House on the Praire, was Our House in 1988. I loved her character and I thought she was beautiful. Than in 1990, BH 90210 came out, and I watched the first episode and immediately thought Shannen was the greatest. Didn't know she was the same girl from Our House. So, it's cool that I connected with her twice without even knowing. And I have seen pretty much everything she's been in and I own almost all of her movies and shows, interviews, etc. I think she is amazing and beautiful and completely talented! Can't believe you were born when BH 90210 first came out...I feel so old! LOL. I remember that Arsenio Hall show. It was to promote Obsessed! That's pretty bad that I remember that!
shaed412
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:21 am

Well at least u knew who she was back then, I was a baby and didn't understand anything which sucks. To me everything came late!!lol if only I was born during the 80's instead!!
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass; of glory in the flower. Well will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind.
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby shaed412 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 am

yeah I feel lucky to be around for a good percentage of her career. But, new fans are just as good as old fans, and I am sure Shannen adores us all just the same. And there's a lot of things that you can watch and all to catch up on Shannen's career...that's the best part!
shaed412

Postby Kristin Marie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Kristin Marie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I just wanted to paste something here...I was looking through the episode guide of Little House when Shannen was on it...and the first episode she did of Season 9...said this about her

Shannen Doherty (Jenny Wilder) once said that when she was 9 years old (2 years before this episode aired), her mother suffered a brain aneurysm, and her father had a massive stroke the following year. Nearly losing both her parents in such a short time period prompted her to close herself off from her classmates, so in that sense, Doherty connected with her character's plight in this episode

And other quote from the episode of Marvin's Garden

This episode represents what was most likely Shannen Doherty's most demanding acting job as Jenny Wilder on the show. She had to stutter, limp, and exhibit physical and emotional deficiencies in the wake of an accident--and many would agree that she pulled it off well.

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby shaed412 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:05 am

That's really nice to read. Pulled it off was an understatement. Everytime I watch those episodes when Jenny drowns, and Shannen has to act those scenes out, I get chills. What 9 yr old kid can act like that? She's beyond under rated as an actress bc she's so damn talented. Wow, Kris you and I have been Shannen fans for about the same amount of time. That's awesome!
shaed412

Return to Shannen Doherty