A wish come true.

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

A wish come true.

Postby energycloud » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:05 pm

Hello Shannen. My name is Joel. I'm going to ask a question but first lets think back to the year 1997, when I was 17 and you were 26. You were filming a movie in Toronto called Striking Poses. Part of the movie was shot in an apartment building that I lived in. I was apartment #1 and the shoot was taking place right outside my door. A friend of mine was looking out the window at the film shoot when she told me that she thought she saw you walk by. At that moment I was totally blown away, and I took one step outside my apartment door then turned to my right and there you were. I said something funny to you, "Wow you look a lot like Shannen Doherty" and you had the clever reply "I've been told that". I then went to ask the film crew if it was actually you and it was confirmed, and I was almost in shock. To put this in perspective on why it was such a big deal to me; I made a wish when I was 13 and that wish was to one day, eventually when the time is right, to meet Shannen Doherty. You are in fact a wish come true. I thank you for instilling in me the confidence to be my own person and follow my own path regardless of confused criticism. Think of the odds of seeing someone on television, and becoming inspired enough to wish to meet the person, and then it happens several years later. Furthermore, it's not just the fact we met that hits me, it's also the appearing directly outside of my apartment door. In simple terms; I wished for you and then one day I opened my door and there you were. So I hung around the set long enough that I would get a chance to talk with you which I did. We chatted shortly, then we hugged and off you went. I wrote a letter that night and the next day I went to the Striking Poses production studio to drop it off for you. When I arrived I gave the letter to a man who said he'd take care of it. I'm not sure if he was a producer or what his title was but he said he would definitely get it to you. My question is did he keep his word and did you get my letter?
Last edited by energycloud on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
energycloud
New Shannen Fan

A wish come true.

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:24 am

You do not know how damn jealous I am of you!!! Ahhhhhhhh!

shannenfallenangel
Very Important Shannen Fan

A wish come true.

Postby energycloud » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:37 am

To be honest I'm still amazed it happened. The odds were like winning the lottery, but meeting Shannen was worth more than any amount of money.
energycloud
New Shannen Fan

A wish come true.

Postby ginny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:51 am

ou wow thats so cool ....
i am jealous toooo Image
ginny
Major Shannen fan

A wish come true.

Postby charline » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:04 am

Wow, I'm like sooo jealousImage! LOL... I wish for that two! But the odds that may happen... I'm glad for you!
charline
Very Important Shannen Fan

A wish come true.

Postby energycloud » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:36 am

To all who replied and are happy for me, thank you.

I hope Shannen eventually gets a chance to read this post so she'll know that she is in fact a wish come true. She made me happy so now it's her turn to feel happy. That's the main idea of this post anyway Image
energycloud
New Shannen Fan

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty