It has to be said

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

It has to be said

Postby shannenzbitch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:30 am

Hi Shannon, I know that this is probably irrelevant now, but I remember you saying that people had difficulty separating you from Brenda in the 90210 days and that it was often assumed that you were like Brenda because you played her role.

I know that you know this, but I feel compelled to say that there were many, many fans out there who actually realised that you and Brenda were two distinctly different individuals. Not only that, but there were many of us who sincerely loved Brenda, for being so straightforward and unapologetic. I may have only been 8 or 9 when I watched the show, but Brenda was always my favourite! Image
shannenzbitch
Very Important Shannen Fan

It has to be said

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:36 pm

welcome to the boards Image

shannen's true fans back in the 90210 days were able to seperate the two charecters, it was the media that blow it all out of proporation. people were very naive and shallow minded back 15 years ago when i think about it now. shannen deserves better and i am glad she has got the respect which was long over-due for her. Image
Sarah-Lucy

It has to be said

Postby shannenzbitch » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:59 am

Hello! Image Thanks for the welcome. Image

I agree; the media has a habit of doing that. I think most people would've recognised the difference between character and actor, but if they didn't then, I'm sure they do now. Image
shannenzbitch

It has to be said

Postby xxmonicaxx » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:18 pm

I have been in very small acting parts, and even at such a premature stage I notice people, such as friends and associates, asking me if that is how I am in real life. Over the years of acting I've learned that my true friends have never once questioned if I act like a character I play. I notice the same thing with Shannen, any of her true fans would never assume she and Brenda are "one in the same" but know the difference between the two! Just thought I'd toss my imput out there

with love,
monica
xxmonicaxx
New Shannen Fan

It has to be said

Postby charline » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:02 am

Just like Monica said before. Only the true people can see the differents between the person your playing and the real you.

I've once played a "witch" in a play and there was a person who exually took her child away from me when I walked by.

Of course your not the person your playing that's why it's called acting. But once a drama teacher of me told me that in the brain of people who watch television they dont see the differents anymore of what is real and what is not. They got cosumed, they got to be a part of it, A family member... Some actors in the Netherlands who play in a soap opera got questions like: Why aren you in the supermarket cause it's almost 7 o' clock and you have to be there so we can watch you and that sort of stuff. It's really weird.

& the media knows better then that. But they need someone they can make bucks with, a new scandal, a new fling. So they use what they see on the television cause they know people believe it.

It's a weird business but that's how it roles.

Blame the paparazzi! They seem to hate the truth.

xoxo

charline

It has to be said

Postby shannenfallenangel » Tue May 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Agree with all that has been said.

It is easy to separate you from Brenda. One is an actress and the other is the character that the actress plays! Not hard! People are so silly sometimes.

I have to add, though, that I actually love Brenda. She is definitely my favourite character from 90210 by far.

shannenfallenangel

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty