[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Australia needs a prayer

Australia needs a prayer

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

Australia needs a prayer

Postby shannenzbitch » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Shannen,

I just wanted to ask if you could send a prayer our way. Australia is being ravaged by flames; we all have friends and family living in Victoria. I have a friend on red alert and another who had to watch his home burn. The fires keep raging and the death toll is up to 180 now. Image I live in Adelaide (South Australia) and we've just been issued a warning that the fires are nearing the border and may reach the Adelaide hills by the weekend. Everyone is devastated and frightened here. Image These are the worst bushfires our nation has seen - we need a prayer. Image
Last edited by anonymous on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannenzbitch
Very Important Shannen Fan

Australia needs a prayer

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

hey hun, im not shannen, but im sending them your way babe. xoox Image
littlemissbad

Australia needs a prayer

Postby shannenzbitch » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:04 am

shannenzbitch

Australia needs a prayer

Postby sarahconnor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:49 am

Two fires were burning a short distance away from me. My city lost 60 homes and one man lost his life.

The death toll all up is more than 209 and that will rise. We had a memorial last Sunday, and Feb 7 will be a permanent day of memorial, and we will all have a minute silence to remember those who died.

Many celebrities have donated and sent their thoughts and prayers our way, and I am sure Shannen was one of them.
sarahconnor

Australia needs a prayer

Postby honda200 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 am

Last edited by honda200 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
honda200

Australia needs a prayer

Postby littlemissbad » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:22 pm

littlemissbad

Australia needs a prayer

Postby LadyMacbeth » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:36 pm

LadyMacbeth

Australia needs a prayer

Postby shannenzbitch » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:31 am

shannenzbitch

Australia needs a prayer

Postby honda200 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:23 pm

Hey Hearther so hows things out there ? as you havent updated for a bit kido.. as yours and Sarah Conners last few post seamed to indacate things were getting hot and that they were worning Adelaide they might be next?

So whats happening kido..?
honda200

Australia needs a prayer

Postby shannenzbitch » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:08 am

Hey Jean, I think Adelaide got pretty lucky and things have certainly calmed down in Melbourne. I think most of the fires have been extinguished now and the few that remain are under control. Here's a great site that gives real time updates and shows which areas are still in flames, which ones have been extinguished, which ones are under control and which ones have been contained:

http://www.google.com.au/landing/victorianbushfires/#utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-apac-au-sk

Now comes the really hard part for Victorians: rebuilding all the homes and replanting the vegetation that was lost. Image
shannenzbitch

Next

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty