[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Shannen, would you offer internships?!

Shannen, would you offer internships?!

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:05 am

Shannen46- Thanks for the support, internships are definitely an invaluable experience- you can learn so much!!! I would love to even just job-shadow Shannen and experience being on the set. Ever since I went to Universal Studios as a little girl and went on the ET ride.... I just knew I wanted to be in movies/TV! It was an amazing experience being on the set that they recreated for the theme park!!

Shell- Thanks, that was a great dinner for my birthday with my Mom! Image My Dad is that same way and my Mom- it takes a lot to get them upset! I am glad that your parents are going to be able to get a word in, maybe it will help you out! That's awesome they support you!

merceandshannen- Unfortunately, sometimes parents are not supportive of dreams- maybe because they think things are unrealistic, idk why exactly! But, you just have to keep your head up and go after your dreams- regardless!! I would do that, even if my parents did not support it. You can do anything you set your mind to!! Image

Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:07 am

Linz

Postby shaed412 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:12 am

dreams do come true...i met shannen in 2004, after being a fan since 1988...and it was the best time ever...i hope all her fans get the same chance. she's super amazing and it's very awesome that she is willing to help us all. parents who are supportive are the best friends to keep...mine have always been there for me and continue to be...and im glad to see you guys have parents that are the same way.
shaed412

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:18 am

shaed412- That is amazing! I bet it was an awesome experience meeting her! I can't wait to meet her someday! :) Image
I agree with you on that- parents who support you are the best! They will be there for you through anything!!! I am so blessed and thankful for my amazing parents! Image
Last edited by Linz on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Postby shell » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

Yeh Lindsay I am glad they are going to support me all the way. They always have when I have come across educational problems like this including school. Now it's with college and I must atmit I like college alot more than school. I get treated like I susposed to in class but when it comes to seeing if I can go up a level that seems like a different story.

I don't have to stick up for myself in college like I did when I was sick of the bullies at school. They had 5 years of bulling back in their face when I moved up to college. They never said anything again.

I have never felt so better when I stood up to my bullies.

I was never picked on at my first school from when I was about 4-5 years old up to when I was 11 and then I had to move up. That's when it started.

My mum and dad are going to get their word in because they want me to have a good future in what I like doing instead of not doing anything I don't want to do. I have more than one area in performing Arts and Media I like. Image
shell

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Shell- I have discovered it is SO important to do what you love! I tried to major in other things so I could make more money, but I was miserable, so I ended up majoring in Communications (with a focus in Film!). I'm SO happy now! So glad you're going to do what you love! It makes a HUGE difference!!! Image
Last edited by Linz on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 pm

i sure hope all shannen's fans get to meet her in time. i know i want to meet her again LOL. i have been her fan since she was on little house on the prairie and never said half of what i was going to when i meet her in london as i was so nervous!

it's wonderful that shannen is wanting to reach out to her fans as not many actors would do that. she sacrifices a lot for her fans and i like many others truely appreciate and love her for this. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Sarah-Lucy: I think it always happens that way when you meet someone for the first (and sometimes only!) time that you have admired so much! When I met LeAnn Rimes the first time, I was so excited because I had been dreaming about it for so long. I didn't say everything I wanted to, but then when I met her the second and third times I was okay and said a lot more. LOL.
Shannen really is super sweet and I adore her for being so kind and caring to all of us! I agree that so many actors would never take the time for their fans! She's just awesome and it shows that she was raised well! She is extremely humble. Image

Lindsay
Last edited by Linz on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Postby auntygail » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 pm

I agree with what Sarah Lucy says. Shannen really does reach out to her fans and spends time with them. Not only during personal appearences but online where more have access.

Shannen spent over 2 hours on twitter last night, talking, answering so many questions and having fun with her fans.
There are not a lot of other stars that would do that.

This is the reason it is so infuriating when people who do not know her, have never met her, start to use the "bitch" card.
If only they took time to listen to people who do know her, instead of following the "let's knock Shannen" bandwaggon, then they would find a sensitive caring girl who is really a little sweatheart but who will stand up for herself and others and will not suffer fools lightly.

I know I am preaching to the converted here. We all love Shannen and know what a poppet she is, but it all just gets me so angry.
auntygail
Major Shannen fan

Postby Linz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Oooooh I KNOW! I agree it is so sweet that she tweets with us! I have gotten two tweets from her and I was just so thrilled that she even took the time to answer me! I know that Movie blog mom or whatever her name was... was calling Shannen the B word. I was mad. But Shannen held her own! I was like, "you go girl!" But, I did tell that movie mom that I felt like her 'ridiculous rants were out of pure jealousy!' haha! I am glad that Shannen is strong enough to handle people on her own! We are all behind her too, if she needs us! She is so sweet and I just don't understand how people can call her such mean things when they don't even know her! It is awesome that she talks to us here as well and takes time for us. It shows that she is genuine!

As for movieblogmom..... well, SHE could use a few lessons in etiquette! She obviously has no class or manners. There is no need for that, you know? Movieblogmom is just jealous and insecure herself though (probably because Shannen is beautiful and successful), or else she would not have to put Shannen down!
Last edited by Linz on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linz

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty