[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - How upsetting!

How upsetting!

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

How upsetting!

Postby Essence » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:50 am

I agree that there are a lot of sad parts in Charmed episodes. I'll have to catch that part in A Knight To Remember again, though, because I don't remember it.
Essence

How upsetting!

Postby malou » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:25 pm

Yes, it is a sad moment. But in All Hell Breaks Loose when Piper dies, and later on, when Prue and Piper is lying on the floor, and the door closes. That is very sad. The fist time i watched the eppisode, I didn't knew, that there was going to be an season 4. So I thought it was the end. And God, I cryed like a baby. Hehe... I did...
But season 4 in Charmed again part 1 and 2, was also really sad. Because I thought that it was wrong that this unknown figur, just came and took Prues place.
And all the crying... Piper was so sad. And what was really sad, was or is, that Shannen told in an interview that Holly was really sad about Shannen living, and really didn't whanted to do the show any more. But had too. And Holly has also told, in an interview that when the producers told her, to cry in the eppisode Charmed again, she was like "oh, you are really asking alot of me right now!!" So that just makes it even more sad.
Don't you think?
malou
Shannen Fanatic

How upsetting!

Postby charmedlover89 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:02 pm

There are so many sad scenes in Charmed! Especially the ones when Piper and Phoebe talk about Prue's death. Sometimes I think "I can't take it anymore, I can't watch it", but I always do. I love the show, and I can't live without it.
And Shannen isn't dead for real, now THAT would kill me! But Prue is, and that makes me cry my eyes out!
It feels like Prue is someone I've always known, someone so close to me, and now she's gone. I've never met Shannen, but I love her like she was my sister.
The show isn't the same without her, but Holly and Alyssa are such great actresses, and whenever they're sad, I am too, because it's all so real when they do it.
charmedlover89
New Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby shandofan4 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:35 pm

Agree with you all, there are tons of sad moments on the show - the girls' mother, andy, prue, piper losing her, etc. - and all of them do seem to surround either Prue or Piper. And I admit, I did feel a cold chill when the door slammed shut and the glass broke at the end of season three, let you with that "Woah. Oh my goah." feeling. And when Paige (who I actually do like because she as there for the girls and helped to take care of them an move Piper on some from the grief that was eatting her alive - in short - me like Paige Image ) told Piper it was okay to hate Prue I was like, "This is Prue, Piper could never hate her. Be upset sure, but hate she just can't do.", and of course the gravesite when Piper finally broke down I think a lot of us if not all did along with her. Not wondering if some of that performance wasn't Holly herself venting. Image And yes, I admit it, when they showed Paige looking at Prue's name I did say out loud, "See, better learn that name. It's who you need to know." meaning I know Paige will never live up to Prue, not exactly anyways, but she's still someone she's going to have to replace and fill in for.

Anyways, really rambling now. Lol. Image Sad moments on 'Charmed', yes many.
shandofan4
New Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby jaxx » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:37 pm

I was so upset when I found out Prue died! When I watched All Hell Breaks Loose I cried then Hell Hath No fury I cried even more but someone on the show helps me heal the wounds that Shannen/Prue is gone and thats Rose McGowan as Paige, shes such a great actress - Sexy, Funny and Brilliant. I just wish the Charmed line up was Rose, Shannen and Alyssa, but that could only be in my dreams.
jaxx
New Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby mute » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:45 pm

Any of the scenes where the sisters grieve(sp) after Prue dies gets to me... the are so increditably sad. Image Both Holly and Alyssa did a great job on those scenes, but I think Holly was amazing. Image
mute
New Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby charmedlover89 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:05 am

Holly and Alyssa are always amazing. *love*
charmedlover89
New Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby jenny777 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:46 pm

I don't watch the new episodes, but when i do watch them because they say somethign about Prue, i feel happy and sad. And i think it's impossible not to cry in Hell Hath No Fury when Piper begins to ball and then says many sad things... too many to put in, but i thought one of the saddest parts was when she said "How did she think that I could live without her?"

I don't know how anyone could isten to her breakdown and say those words and not cry.
jenny777
Very Important Shannen Fan

How upsetting!

Postby ithinkpinkin2008 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 am

ithinkpinkin2008
Major Shannen fan

How upsetting!

Postby honda200 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:05 am

I dont have access to the reruns from season 4 on so my memory is sketchy of them, but i do remember Hollys profromce was impecable and yes vary emotionall .And i to have often wondered how much of it was acting and how much was as you said venting ,i mean it must have bin very hard on miss Holly ,loseing a castmate who is allso a very close and dear friend to. Imagei to find myself a little tearyeyed at many a sad scene , no matter how many a times i see them.One in preticullar comes to mind when Pipper says goodby at the funeral ,to the young Ashin man who she had fallin for and he for her, the problem was he was a ghost and had to move on ,i still need a tissue every time Image Jean(honda200)
Last edited by honda200 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
honda200
Very Important Shannen Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Prue Halliwell