[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - I really am not a fan of Charmed

I really am not a fan of Charmed

Come here to discuss Charmed's Prue Halliwell and the other characters of the hit show. Sound inviting?

Postby preachr7 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:40 pm

I have to honest here, although I've become a fan of Shannen I am not a fan of the WB show Charmed. This is primarily because of my relationship with God through Jesus Christ as a Christian. After seeing a few, and only a few, episodes of the show on TNT (reruns with Prue) I felt a conviction in my heart and felt led to stop watching. The show paints an image that being a witch is cool and good, I know and believe it is not. Now I can quote much Holy Scripture showing why it's bad, but in my experience most who have not read, heard, or been told about Jesus Christ and such typically don't want to hear about it. Some have learned about Jesus in their youth, but have fallen away from Him for one reason or another. I think it's safe to say that to accept Jesus Christ or not really all boils down to "you gotta wanna."

I want to say right now that I am in no way slamming those people whose faith is in Wicca and actively practice witchcraft. I can honestly tell you that nowhere in the Bible does He say for me to hate people. On the contrary, I love all of you. I will admit that there have been many and still are today who proclaim their faith in Jesus Christ, but their actions say otherwise and that is called hypocracy. Case and point in our history is when those who executed/murdered people accused of being witches all in the name of Christ. This was just plain wrong and I'd be happy to say why I believe so if you're interested. I have come to know and believe that the most important commandment from God is to love. This supports the Golden Rule, do to others what you would have them to do you. I figure if I can love others, then I don't really have to think about the rest. If you got any questions for me I'll try to present answers as best I can. Feel free to PM me or e-mail.

musically in His service,
preachr7
New Shannen Fan

Postby page47 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:29 am

I don't really like WB's 'Charmed' either, I just think it's goofy

there are shows on that I would think would be a lot more offensive to you than a show created mostly for young people & not intended to be taken too seriously

you are missing some good episodes w/ Shannen...
page47
New Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:25 am

Tell you the truth I haven't been a fan of Charmed since the middle of 4th Season. I loved Charmed when Shannen was on. 1-3 seasons were the best.

I have been a fan of Shannen's for 13 years! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby charmedpipernprue » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:58 am

I L O V E Charmed!!! It's the best show in my opinion ever made!!
charmedpipernprue
New Shannen Fan

Postby shannencombsmilano » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:39 pm

How can you not like CHARMED it is the greastest show ever it shows the sisters come before anything so it is kind of Christian but i respect your views
love me
shannencombsmilano
New Shannen Fan

Postby aurore » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:09 am

:tup:

i love Charmed, but it's not the same 'cause Shannen went... Image

i heard Prue will come with flashback, picture, in the manoir's Halliwell!! it' s very the truthImage I hope that very much!!!!
aurore
New Shannen Fan

Postby lyzi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:47 pm

I do like Charmed.

And I have faith in Jesus Christ, without being offended by a show where witches are the heroes... Because it is JUST A STORY you know. In stories I love Arsene Lupin (but I'm against robbing, etc...) and I love James Bond 007 (who is a nationalist guy who can kill without remorse... and a soldier too... he's one of my childhood heroes but he's all that things that I really don't like in real life...).

I do like Charmed because there is a lot of Demon, some good characters and it doesn't take itself very seriously. I like Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the same reasons. (In fact I like episodes with demons... cause I'm a fan of vampire Dracula's way, Ann Rice's way or the Masquerade's way.... And Buffy's vampires do really sucks... So I don't like episodes with vampires)

So when a person says " it is the best show ever "... Hey do you even know EVERY SHOWS EVER ??
I mean, okay, there is our beloved Shannen Doherty in it, but that don't make it a " chef-d'oeuvre "... (masterpiece ?)
I'm almost sure even Shannen herself don't see Charmed as " the best show ever ", even if she really really loves it.

I mean there are shows with a bunch of very talented writers who works all days...
Charmed do aim a young public. So well " the best show ever "... seems a little " fan-attitude " to me. Image

Hmm ? Did I talk about that already ? Image

Well...
I KNOW I'll get all of you upset one day, telling you my opinion like that. Image I'm so sorry, it's just the way I feel. Image
lyzi
Shannen Wanna Be

Postby lyzi » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:50 pm

I like to stay a little realistic, even if I'm a fan. Image

But please remember that I don't have the Truth either. Image
lyzi
Shannen Wanna Be

Postby shannenfan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:30 am

shannenfan
Shannen Wanna Be