Lost family woes

This is a place for all fan fictions, banners or fanarts.

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:49 pm

"Ok i need one of those, and three of those. oh i like these... i'll have three of these too...." Phoebe said as a saleswoman followed her around the baby store. She was in her element, with Prue's credit card safely tucked in her purse.

She was loaded down with bags and Piper was at her side pushing Daniel in his stroller as Phoebe bought everything Andrew would need.

"Phoebe why do the triplets need a play gym? they are only a few hours old. All babies at that age do is sleep, drink and poop, they are not exactly gonna be making any use out of this, and besides have you seen the cost?" She said smiling as the saleswoman grimmaced at her.

"I know that Piper, but it's always good to be prepared, and i want Prue to be as prepared as possible.She's gonna need all the help she can get with three babies to care for. And i have Danny here , so i'm gonna be busy too. Ohh we will need three of those too...." She said turning to the saleswoman again.

Piper shook her head and hurried after Phoebe as she shopped. She looked at her nephew and smiled, he was awake and was watching his mom intently.Piper was so proud of how he had fought to get better after a traumatic birth. She stopped and sat down in the 'mother-baby' area of the store and she pulled Daniel out and sat him on her knee. subconsciously bouncing him up and down gently. He stopped watching his mom and turned to look at Piper. She noticed and smiled at him.

"Your mom is unstoppable when she shop's. A little bit of advice for when your older." Piper said grinning at him. He gurgled an answer back to her and pushed himself back into her arms, where he closed his eye's and began drifting off. Piper stroked his face and soon he was asleep in her arms. Instead of putting him back in his stroller. She held onto him and watched her sister shop. After about an hour a shadow crossed her path and she looked up into familier eye's.

"Rick?Oh my lord... what brings you here?"

"I thought it was you Piper. I've just moved back here. Thought i would catch up with Brenda.... you had a baby?" He said shocked.

"She looked at him confused then as Daniel wriggled in his sleep in her arms, she clicked. He thought this baby was hers. Well she thought to herself, she was sat in the mother-baby area. So he would think that.

"Oh nooooo, This is Phoebe's son. She's on a shopping fix but my legs are tired so i decided to sit this one out and let her to it.." Piper explained as Rick gently stroked Daniel's face before sitting down at her side.

He spotted Phoebe and watched her for a moment, before turning back to Piper.

"She's getting an awful lot of stuff for this little guy, isn't she?" He said chuckling.

"Oh no, it's not for Daniel here, its for his cousins." Piper said

"Nate and Scott?" He questioned.

"Nope. Prue's children." Piper said, enjoying watching his confusion.

"Prue's got children too. When did this happen?"

"Early this afternoon. She had triplets." Piper said nonchalontly.

"Woah. Were they expected?"

"Only two of them, the third , a boy, wasn't." Piper said. Laughing as the saleswoman chased after phoebe as her sister zoomed around the aisles.

"Wow..... so you really got a house full at the moment then" Rick said chuckling again.

"Yup." Piper answered.

"You got space for everyone?" He asked

"That's not something we are thinking of right now....that's for further down the line... " Piper said looking at him for a moment. " Do you want to come back to the manor and see Brenda?"

"Not at the moment, i'm not looking my best." He answered.

Piper snorted, causing Rick to look at her funny. She looked at him in his torn denim's, crisp white t-shirt and brown leather jacket, topped off with his sand coloured doc martins. 'not looking his best' piper thought. 'If i wasn't married....' But to Rick she said.

"You look great Rick.And i'm sure Brenda would love to see you again."

"You think?"

"Ye...." She was cut off by Phoebe reaching her.

"Hi Rick....good to see you again" She said as he stood and hugged her.

"So i understand congratulations are in order." He said nodding to a sleepy Daniel, as he sat back down at Piper's side.

"Thanks.. you here to see Bren'? Oh Prue's just ha...." Phoebe began.

"Had triplets, yea Piper just told me.... you girls got your hands full now. My sister just had a baby girl. Marina. I'm here getting her something, but i'm clueless as to what to get babies." Rick said smiling up at Phoebe.

"Something soft and cuddly will do...like....ohh like this..." Phoebe said, picking up a soft pink teddy bear of a nearby shelf, and handing it to Rick.

Taking it, he looked it over, and smiled at Phoebe.

"This is great Phoebe. Marina will love it." He said.

"Piece of cake" Phoebe said throwing her arms out to her side, then dropping them.

"So have you got everything, Phoeb's, can we go, Daniel needs his basinette and i need a earl grey?"

"Yup. I've arranged for the big stuff to be delivered later this afternoon.These bags here." She said pointing to the ten of so bags near her feet. "Can come home with us now, i bought Andrew some gorgeous little outfits, Prue'll love em ." Phoebe said happliy.

Piper looked at Rick and rolled her eye's.

"My sister. the shopaholic." She said sighing.

Laughing Piper stood and strapped a still sleeping Daniel in his stroller and they waited while Rick paid for his neice's teddy. Then they left and headed for Piper's car.

Last edited by lilmisshalliwell on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilmisshalliwell
Very Important Shannen Fan

Lost family woes

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Oh wow sis... I loved it! And it's not surprising to that you, of all people, returned Rick to the story once again.... He is a hunk Image

Ooh, I love your writing. Really cheered me up reading this!!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Yea had to have Rickyyyyyyyyy back. lol. will write some more soon.
lilmisshalliwell

Lost family woes

Postby ibon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 am

who's marina hun??
ibon

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:36 am

Named Ricks niece of a friend of mine, who reads this sometimes
lilmisshalliwell

Lost family woes

Postby ibon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 pm

oh i thought rick's getting something for prue's babies... i missed the part where he said it's for his niece...*lmao* had to read it again hun... *lol*

anyhow...great update sweetie....love it..
ibon

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:49 pm

lol it's ok... but no i had to give him a reason for being in a baby store..and he didn't know about Prue's triplets...so... i invented a neice, and my friend Marina was here earlier in the day so, her name came up.
lilmisshalliwell

Lost family woes

Postby marissalu415 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Great section!! Piper is so cute with Daniel. =] When is she gonna have Wyatt? Gees, then it'll really be baby central. Image
marissalu415

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't think i'll have Piper have wyatt in this story...i dunno... too many babies already.. There already 6 in the story as it is lol.
lilmisshalliwell

Lost family woes

Postby lilmisshalliwell » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Ok heres a bit more. It's short but enjoy!!!!!

Pulling into the drive of the manor, Rick looked on in awe.

"Wow you guys have a great place here! What is it? Seventeenth century? It looks it?" Rick asked in awe as he stepped out of Piper's car and looked up at the house.

"It's around that yea, this house has gone back years in my family." Piper announced, showing her pride in her home."Anyway, Bren' should be inside." She said walking towards the house, after grabbing an armload of bags from the back of the car.

After Phoebe had removed Daniel in his car seat she followed her sister and Rick up the short steps to the front door. As they entered they could hear a chorus of crys, coming from upstairs.

"Guess the babies are hungry. Lets get some formula made up for Prue." Phoebe announced.

Prue had decided that it would be best for her to formula feed her children. And had called Phoebe on her cell while they where out and asked her to pick up the best kind. Walking into the kitchen and placing Daniels car seat on the large table she began mixing up the feeds. Prue had already bought two of everything, and Phoebe had just bought one more lot of items seeing as there was triplets not twins to deal with.

"I'll go grab one other. And let Brenda know your here." Piper said turning to Rick, who nodded and began emptying the bags, and neatly piling the new outfits on one side of the table near Daniel's sleeping form.

Within minutes Phoebe had mixed twelve ounces of mixture and was just placing them in three bottles when Brenda walked into the kitchen holding a newborn. She looked shocked at Rick as if seeing him for the first time. Placing the bottles to cool in a large jug Phoebe turned, about to speak when she spotted her sister and Rick staring at each other. Turning back to the formula, she pulled one out and placed it seperately in another jug before picking up the larger one. and her son and struggling out of the room.

"I'll leave you two alone, then." She said as she passed.

"Yea..er..thanks Phoebe." Brenda said still looking at Rick.

Moving slowly towards her, he raised his arms.

"Don't i get a hug, then?" He asked, and gently , seeing as she had a baby in her arms, pulled her into a one armed hug.

His chin was on her head and had she not had Soleil in her arms she would have melted into him there and then. A hungry grizzle came from between them and Brenda broke away and moved over to the formula Phoebe had made up.

"Here let me hold her." Rick said seeing what Brenda was trying to do, and she gladly passed her neice over.

She tested the milk on her wrist and placed it back in the jug as it was still too hot. Turning she saw Rick looking at Soleil, he was playing with her hand and making cute faces at her, while she just lay in his arms, her eye's searching his. Brenda's heart raced. He was so good with infants, he had loved her boys when they had been together on the cruise. Turning to test the milk she saw it was ready and sat down on a chair, and held her arms out for the baby. He passed her over gently and sat down watching Brenda as she placed the milk tenderly to Soleil's mouth, and watched as the little girl began drinking. Brenda looked up and caught him staring and blushed. Why did he always make her feel flustered? Why did he have this hold over her. She remembered the first time she had ever laid eye's on him, in Paris, she was taking some time away from home, and was studying in Paris for the summer. He had swept her of her feet, but she had been with Dylan at the time, and hadn't felt right leading Rick on. Then she had seen him on the cruise and things had almost gone further. She had missed him a lot since she last saw him. It had been months but he still looked as handsome and rugged as the first time she had set eye's on him. She saw he was staring at her intently and spoke softly, so as not to disturb her niece.

"What!!?" she said.

"You know, you are still as beautiful as the first time i saw you, in Paris." He said grinning.

Brenda blushed again. Then placed a towel one-handed over her shoulder then moved the baby upon it. Letting out a small burp Soleil drifted to sleep in her aunts arms. Brenda stood. Followed by Rick.

"I'll just take her back to her mom, then maybe we can go for a walk. It's a beautiful nieghbourhood." She said.

"Ohhh a beautiful neighbourhood walk, with a beautiful lady. How could i refuse." Rick answered.

Brenda Blushed again and left him stood there. Rushing upstairs as gently as she could she explained to her sister Prue, that Soleil was fed and burped, and that she would be back soon. That her and Rick were going for a walk. Prue smiled and Nodded as Brenda placed Soleil in her bassinette, and bounded happily out of the room.

Back in the kitchen, Rick waited patiently for her while tapping the small box in his pocket. It was now or never to do what he had wanted to do since the day he saw her on the boat. He just hoped it wasn't too soon after Dylan's death to ask her. He was brought out of his daydream by Brenda returning.

"You ready to go?" She asked.

"Lead the way." He said motioning out the door with his hands and bowing slightly.

Grinning, she left the manor, Rick following her. Snaking her arm around his she walked on until they came to a square of grass with a fountain in it's centre. Brenda was telling him what she knew about the area, and Rick was inwardly remembering the tour she gave him in Paris. This was a similar situation, he mused. Stopping in front of the fountain he stopped Brenda by turning her towards him and kissing her passionately on the lips. He pulled away soon after to find Brenda still stood, her eye's closed her lips puckered. Clearly she had enjoyed the kiss as much as he had.
He watched her face, smiling until she opened her eye's and looked at him. A blush creeping on her face again as she looked down momentarily, her heart had been beating so fast when he had kissed her. Grinning she looked up into his eye's to see them studying her deeply, then suddenly her grabbed her hand and knealt down on one knee. She was taken aback by this. A crowd was gathering at the sight of a man in love, and they stood and watched as Rick spoke softly to Brenda.

"Brenda, i have loved you from the moment i saw you all those years ago. To this day i love you still. I wonder if you would do me the greatest honour of becoming my better half?" He said and pulled the box he had been carrying for months out of his pocket and opened it.

There was a collective gasp from the crowd as they saw the beautiful diamond ring Brenda was now looking upon. She felt her heart miss a beat. Placing her right hand to her chest, she looked into Rick's eye's and saw the hope shining in them. She did love him, this she knew, but marrige...was she ready for that.... so soon after Dylan? She loved Rick but she also loved Dylan and look what happened to him.
What would he say? Dylan? She knew what he would say, he would say, life was short. That she should go with her heart. Smiling she looked down at the only other man she had truly loved, and knew her answer.

"Yes Rick, Yes, i will marry you."

The crowd cheered as Rick gently placed the ring on her finger and stood, pulling her into his arms and kissing her deeply.

lilmisshalliwell

PreviousNext

Return to Over to you