My Friend Shannen

This is a place for all fan fictions, banners or fanarts.

My Friend Shannen

Postby marissalu415 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:03 pm

hey guys, this is a new fanfic i've started. It's kind of different from my other ones, it's sort of a real life fiction, if that makes sense. Check it out and tell me if you think I should continue writing. Thanks. Image

My Friend Shannen

“Come on Shannen, we’re gonna be late!” I stood in Shannen’s kitchen, leaning against the counter with my arms crossed over my chest. Normally, I don’t care so much about being on time. In fact, quite often I’m running late myself. But when it comes to movies, I like to be on time. Early even. I don’t why I’m so OCD about this particular thing, I just am. Maybe because I’m in the business myself, I feel the need to show my fellow actors some respect. Even though some of them don’t deserve it.

Anyway, in case you were wondering, I’m Holly Marie Combs, longtime best friend of Shannen Doherty. Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t Shannen Doherty Hollywood’s biggest bitch? Well, as someone who knows almost everything there is to know about the woman, I can say that almost everything you’ve heard about her is either exaggerated or untrue. Shannen is truly one of the kindest people I know. So she made a few mistakes when she was a teenager—who hasn’t? If you’ve never done anything wrong, I’d really like to meet you because that means you’re Jesus. Anyway, despite what you may have heard about her, Shannen Doherty really is a good person. Except when she makes me late to the movies.

“Seriously Shannen, we’re gonna miss the previews!” I heard snickering coming from the stairwell.

“You and your previews,” Shannen said with a chuckle. I couldn’t see her, but I knew she was rolling her eyes.

“I like to see what new movies are coming up that I wasn’t asked to be in. So sue me.” Shannen reached the bottom of the stairs and turned a corner toward the kitchen where I was waiting. She carried herself with such poise. In addition to the skinny jeans and flowing blouse she had on, she donned a hat and a large pair of sunglasses. I had to keep myself from outwardly giggling. “Embracing the stereotype, are we?”

“I know, I know,” said Shannen. “But if I don’t, it’ll take us half an hour to get from the car to the theater.” At the risk of being even later to the movie, I decided to let Shannen keep the disguise. As we headed out to the car, Shannen said,

“You know, you’re lucky you don’t have to wear this stuff.”

“I don’t really call it luck,” I corrected. “I call it ‘no one really knows who I am, therefore I don’t need to blend in’.”

“Don’t be silly, lots of people know who you are,” said Shannen. “People know you from Picket Fences.”

“Yeah, you know I get ‘hey Kimberley’ sometimes,” I said. “But somehow that’s not quite as satisfying.”

“At least you don’t get ‘hey bitch’,” said Shannen. I have to admit, she had a point there. She grinned at me, as if the snide comments thrown at her from haters stuck in the past didn’t bother her. I knew better. She’s come so far from her not-so-perfect past, yet the fact that her mistakes are what she’s best known for makes her cringe inside, though she tries not to show it. I don’t blame her. She holds up better than I ever would have. “Well,” said Shannen, bringing me back to reality. “One of these days, some amazing project is going to come along and make you so big you’ll be waving at me from your private jet.”

“Okay first of all, I’d totally take you with me on my private jet. And second of all, not gonna happen. “

“You just wait,” said Shannen, sliding into the driver’s seat of her car. I hopped into the passenger side and felt something crunch underneath me. Reaching under myself I pulled out a packet of paper.

“What’s this, a script?” I asked Shannen as she pulled out of the driveway.

“Oh yeah,” said Shannen. “It’s the pilot of this show I’m thinking about doing. It’s about these three sisters. Read it if you want, it’s pretty good.”

“Charmed,” I read out loud. “Sounds interesting enough.” I opened the script and read the description, raising an eyebrow. “The sisters are witches?”

“Yeah, kind of weird,” said Shannen. “But it’s more than just witch stuff. At its core, it’s the story of three sisters and their relationships with each other. I think it has potential.” I started reading the opening scene.

“Prue, Piper, and Phoebe?” I said with a chuckle. “Where did they get these names?” I read a little further. “Which one do you see yourself playing?”

“Definitely Prue,” said Shannen. I continued to read the script, picturing Shannen in my mind as Prue. I got so absorbed in the lives of Prue, Piper, and Phoebe that I didn’t notice Shannen park the car and step out. When she saw that I wasn’t moving, she opened the door and stuck her head back in the car. With a devilish grin she said,

“Come on Holly, we’re gonna miss the previews.”
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

My Friend Shannen

Postby marissalu415 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:41 pm

ok so, I know this story didn't get much attention, but i already had a second part written so I figured i'd post it. If there is still no response, I will discontinue writing the story. No hard feelings. Image

“I have to say that was a colossal disappointment,” I said to Shannen as we walked out of the theater, linked arm in arm.

“I didn’t think it was that bad,” said Shannen. I rolled my eyes.

“You just liked it because you got to stare at Johnny Depp for two hours.” Shannen opened her mouth to deny my allegation, then stopped, realizing it was true. I know her too well.

“Yeah, you’re right,” said Shannen. “But can you really blame me?”

“No, I guess not,” I said with a chuckle. “Do you even know him?”

“No,” Shannen said in disappointment. Then her eyes lit up. “Do you?”

“Shannen, if you don’t know him, what makes you think I would?” I pointed out.

“A girl can hope,” said Shannen.

“Well if I did know him, you my dear would get a private meeting.” I smiled.

“Guess we’ll have to work on that,” said Shannen with a shrug. We reached her car, and I slid into the passenger seat, sitting on the Charmed script once again. I had almost forgotten about it. Immediately, I flipped it open to the page I had left off and continued reading.

“You’re really getting into that,” Shannen said as we drove in the direction of her house.

“Hm?” I said, keeping my eyes fixed on the text.

“Case in point,” said Shannen with a smile. We continued in silence as I enthralled myself in the story of the sister witches. I finished reading, just as we were turning into Shannen’s neighborhood.

“So what do you think?” she asked me.

“You were right,” I replied. “It definitely has potential. Do you think you’ll do it?”

“I’d love to,” said Shannen. “Hopefully everything works out.”

“If you get it, I swear I won’t miss an episode,” I said with a wink.

“Holly,” said Shannen knowingly. “You know you’re gonna watch it anyway.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Like I said, it has potential.” After Shannen parked her car in the driveway, we got out and made our way toward the garage, me with the Charmed script in hand. We bounded into the house, throwing our purses down on the couch in the living room.

“Hey,” said Shannen, taking off her hat and sunglasses. “Since you like the script so much, wanna help me run lines?”

“Why not?” I said with a shrug. I really did like the script, and I was always happy to help out my best friend.

“Let’s start with the first Prue/Piper scene,” said Shannen.

“Do you have another copy?” I asked, holding up the script.

“You can use it,” said Shannen. “I think I know the lines.” I rolled my eyes. Shannen was one of those lucky actors who could look over a scene once and have her lines down. I, on the other hand, usually had to slave over the script the night before a shoot.

“Starts with you fixing the chandelier and me just coming in the door,” I said, stepping to the side of the room. Shannen nodded and held up her arms, working on an imaginary chandelier.

“Prue?” I started off.

“In here working on the chandelier,” Shannen said, slight frustration in her tone.

“Sorry I’m late,” I said apologetically.

“Well, what else is new?” said Shannen. I chuckled to myself at the irony in that. If that wasn’t role reversal, I don’t know what is. We continued to play out the scene, which involved the discovery of an old spirit board the sisters used to fiddle with when they were younger, and Prue getting angry at Piper for inviting Phoebe back into the home. When Phoebe arrived at the door, we called it quits.

“Even you’re not talented enough to play two characters in one scene,” said Shannen with a grin.

“You looked great,” I told Shannen.

“You too,” said Shannen with a smile. “I like you as Piper.”

“Piper’s okay,” I said. “But she seems a little high strung. I like Phoebe. She’d be a fun chick to play.” I handed the script over to Shannen.

“Thanks for your help,” she said as she took the script.

“No problem,” I said. “But I should get going.” We hugged and then she walked me to my car.

“Call me,” she said as I got into the car. Driving home, my mind kept flitting back to the story I had read earlier. It really was a good script. I knew it was supposed to be Shannen’s thing, but I couldn’t get the Halliwell sisters off my mind.
marissalu415

My Friend Shannen

Postby thefifthsister » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Oh, I love this story. Holly is just the sweetest!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

My Friend Shannen

Postby shannifan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm

"I knew it was supposed to be Shannen’s thing, but I couldn’t get the Halliwell sisters off my mind."

And I can´t get your story out of my mind!! This is awesome! Please keep on writing! Please!!! Image
shannifan

My Friend Shannen

Postby marissalu415 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:27 pm

wow, thanks guys! I guess i'll keep writing. Image
marissalu415

My Friend Shannen

Postby marissalu415 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks chuckles, you're sweet. *hugs*
marissalu415