[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Brenda and Stuart

Brenda and Stuart

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Brenda and Stuart

Postby geissel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:03 am

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me a detailed recap of their relationship, and how dylan and brandon felt about it. Oh and what happen with Jim and dylan. What did dylan do to brenda, so that she will stop the wedding. Did he say he loved her? or wanted to be with her?

Thanks a lot
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Brenda and Stuart

Postby crystalpersuasion » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:29 pm

I'll do my best to be as detailed as possible...

Brenda and Stuart were introduced by Brenda's dad, Jim. Stuart was the son of one of Jim's wealthier clients. Stuart also worked for his dad. Their relationship progressed pretty fast and they became engaged at Jim & Cindy's 20th wedding anniversary party. I think they had been dating for a month or two by 90210 time.

Dylan had been cryptic with Brandon from the moment that Brenda started dating Stuart saying that he had known Stuart in the past during both's wilder years. Both Dylan and Brandon were against Brenda dating Stuart for that reason even though Dylan took a while to spell out what exactly made Stuart so bad. Dylan even warned Stuart that if he hurt Brenda, that he'd be answering to him.

Jim was not happy with how fast everything was going and asked Dylan to try to talk some sense into Brenda. Dylan was hesitant but eventually caved and agreed to help in whatever way he could. Meanwhile, Stuart had presented Brenda with a prenuptial agreement that his parents' wanted her to sign to protect the family fortune in case the marriage didn't last. Brenda felt blindsided and seeked refuge at a poetry reading at California University to gather her thoughts. At the reading, she ran into Dylan who read a poem that he later said reminded him of Brenda. Dylan asked her to coffee and she agreed.

While having coffee, Dylan asked her if she was sure she knew what she was doing by becoming engaged to Stuart and claimed if she married him, there would never be another chance for her and him (Dylan) again. Brenda wanted to know where that was coming from and Dylan said that he would tell her anything if it got her to call off the engagement and also let slip that her parents were worried about her (effectively revealing that Dylan was helping her dad). Brenda told Dylan to butt out of her life and stormed off.

Brenda arrived home and unleashed her wrath on her parents and wanted to know what her dad had said to Dylan to make him throw himself at her like that. Brenda asked them what if she had believed Dylan and listened to him, only to later find out that her dad had put him up to it. She wanted to know where that would have left her. She stormed off upstairs to pack some things and she moved out of the house.

She retreated to the hotel suite that Stuart had got them as a place to unwind, be alone, and whatnot. While there, she signed the prenup and later on presented it to Stuart saying that if they ever divorced she wouldn't want anything that didn't originally belong to her.

After that, both sets of parents had different ideas for the wedding planning (Stuart's parents wanting a big production, Brenda's hoping for a long engagement). With pressure from both sides, Brenda and Stuart decided to elope to Las Vegas. Brenda told her brother Brandon about their plans and asked him to keep quiet to their friends and parents.

Brandon did not keep his word and told all their friends and everyone rushed to stop the couple from eloping. When they got there, the friends came up with the idea to use reverse psychology and act as if they supported Brenda's decision. However, the more that they tried to stop it, the more Brandon and Dylan began to like the guy. Stuart even confided in Dylan that if he was still the same guy, the last thing he would be doing is committing himself to one woman.

When it came time to get married, the minister asked if anyone objected and Brenda said "I do." Once the minister understood that Brenda was the one objecting, she and Stuart talked briefly and they decided that things were moving too fast for both. Right after the wedding was called off, Jim & Cindy barged in trying to stop the wedding.

From there, Stuart disappeared for a while and resurfaced around Valnetine's Day. They began dating again, this time taking things slower. However, a trip to Palm Springs revealed a new side to Stuart that Brenda didn't know about and made her realize that he wasn't the one for her.

Dylan ended up coming to get her from Palm Springs (she was looking for Kelly and he agreed to help her before she was able to tell him where she was) and on the way back, she revealed her feelings for him saying that she couldn't make any relationship with someone work because she wasn't over him. When he said that she'd find the right guy eventually, she replied that she had found the right guy (Dylan) and had let him go. Dylan said that he did love her and Brenda finished his statement by saying "but you're not in love with me." Dylan couldn't look her in the eyes and didn't say anything in response.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Brenda and Stuart

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:41 pm

Image well said crystal i couldnt have done better. i remember one episode where stuart and jim walsh were both playing on the keyboard together singing and poor brenda was standing watching in the corner realizing he was just like her father. Image
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Brenda and Stuart

Postby sarahconnor » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:13 am

OMG she was going to get married!!!
sarahconnor

Brenda and Stuart

Postby crystalpersuasion » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:17 pm

crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Brenda and Stuart

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:31 pm

LOL, sorry it was rick i was thinking aboutImage
Sarah-Lucy

Brenda and Stuart

Postby sarahconnor » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:48 am

Was Rick played by Dead Cain? Image
sarahconnor

Brenda and Stuart

Postby crystalpersuasion » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:08 am

Yes, Rick was played by Dean Cain. Stuart was played by David Gail.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Return to Brenda Walsh