[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Just curious

Just curious

Talk about ultra trendy Beverly Hills, and Shannen's character Brenda right here, right now!

Just curious

Postby geissel » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:44 am

I was reading some of the short summaries of beverly hills 90210. I was just wondering for the senior prom, Brenda went with some football player. What did dylan think? I saw some pictures of them together, and it looked like they were dancing. I watched this episode when i was like very young. and the only thing i remember is donna getting drunk. Image So if anybody watched this episode or remember it can u please tell me. Thanks a lot!!!!!!
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:51 pm

From memory, so it's a little foggy...

Brenda's date for the senior prom was fellow classmate Tony Miller (football player). Tony appeared to have quite the crush on Brenda and had even rented a hotel room for them to spend the night in. Once Tony found out that he wouldn't be scoring with Brenda, he kind of ignored her for the rest of the evening.

Dylan's date was his girlfriend Kelly. Her ex-boyfriend and close friend Steve wanted to have a dance with her so Dylan obliged. When he went to sit down, he saw Brenda sitting alone and asked where her date had disappeared to. After learning that Tony had disappeared with talk of going to smoke cigars, Dylan asked Brenda to dance.

During their dance, Brenda admitted that she was almost over him and he stated "me too" in return. She said that she hoped that the past year that he had experienced would be the worst he ever had to face (his dad died). It came across that they still had unresolved feelings for each other.

Otherwise, Dylan didn't seem to think anything either way of Brenda's date. Or if he did, it wasn't revealed on the show through actions or dialogue.

Does that help?
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:56 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loooooove dylan and brenda. I was really young when i watched these episodes. Like 7 or 8. I read some recaps, but they don't help they are too vague. If its not too much trouble can you tell me what happens with brenda and dylan the night of her performance. What happens with them when they have the same poetry classes. lol i just want to know everything that happend between them in season four. If you have the time, can you tell me? What happend between them when he was helping her with her homework. Um again with the performance, oh and what happend when everyone thought she slept with tat director. Did brandon also believe the rumor. and what also happend in the episode Mr. Walsh goes to washington. Thanks alot Image Image Image ImageImage
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:58 pm

Okay, this will be long. I hope this fills you in on Brenda & Dylan's relationship during Season 4. These are the major highlights.

Season 4 starts off with Brenda returning to Minnesota for college and Dylan in Europe. Kelly returned shortly before Brenda left LA having broken up with Dylan after a nasty fight while traveling together. When Brenda returns to LA, she spends the day fishing with Dylan (he has reunited with Kelly). After accidently getting a hook caught in his jacket, Brenda and Dylan are very close. They both recoginze the look in each other's eyes, but Brenda states that they can't go down that road again. When Dylan wants to know why, Brenda says she doesn't want to ruin the good friendship that they had forged. They agree that they are best friends.

In poetry class, they are just good friends and classmates. During "Take Back The Night" week, they briefly disagree over a love poem. He does tutor her when she falls behind in class due to her brief romance with Stuart.

When Dylan is having relationship problems with Kelly one time, she encourages him to give it another chance by telling him that she would give him another chance with no questions asked even though he cheated on her and later chose Kelly over her.

Also, at Thanksgiving time, Dylan accepts Brenda's invitation to join her family for dinner upsetting Kelly who had asked Dylan first (he declined saying he was going to go surfing in Baja instead). Dylan and Kelly end up in a shouting match in the Walsh living room with Brenda trying to distract the others at the table from the argument.

On the opening night of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", Dylan leaves a present for Brenda. He had signed the card "Love, Dylan". When Brenda thanks him the next day, she kisses his cheek. There is a weird vibe between them the whole time that seems to speak of their still lingering feelings for each other, especially once they are close to each other. They begin to speak at the same time and he lets her talk first. She says she was just going to excuse herself because she has to be at the theater. When she asks him what he was going to say, he claims that it was nothing and when she walks out the room, he follows her with his eyes. His expression says that whatever he wanted to tell her was more than "nothing".

Dylan was very supportive of Brenda during the audition process and did not believe the rumor that she slept with Roy Randolph after she got the part.

Brandon appeared to think that it was possible that Brenda would do something like that when Steve asks him about it. However, he never outright says either way whether he thinks Brenda slept with Roy or not. He just knew that she blew her final audition and really wanted that part.

In "Mr Walsh Goes to Washington", Brenda & Dylan attend the school Mardi Gras carnival together. She takes him on the ferris wheel saying that it's a metaphor for their relationship and then tells him that she's been offered the chance to study at RADA for the summer. At the end of the episode, Brenda visits Dylan to say goodbye and again than him for all his support. While she doesn'y leave for a week, she says that things that happen that week could chance her life forever. She tells him why going to RADA is so important to her and he understands. She asks if he believes in her, which he does. He says he will applaud from afar. She wants more than his applause and admits that she is still in love with him and has realized she would always be. She says she will not be gone forever and give her something to come back to. Dylan studies her face for a moment and then leans in to kiss her. As they kiss, they drop out of camera range leaving you to wonder exactly how far beyond a kiss things went.

--------------------------------
If you are curious about any recap and want more details than provided, just post the recap and I'll try to give more details.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:33 pm

oh thanks again. I love your detailed recaps!!!!!! It brings back some memories. Can you recap the time when the walsh family invited dylan after his father's death. I remember reading somewhere that he went to her bedroom, and noticed everything was gone. Can you also tell me what happened when they first went out together. I think the episode was called "isnt' it romantic". Can you recap the time they moved in together, and why it didn't work out. Thank you soo much. Oh is it true that dylan kept mentioning brenda in the seasons w/o shannen doherty. Did he call her about his engagement to toni? I also read valerie wanted to know about his relationship with brenda, what did he say to her? I know that brenda and dylan got together in london, but when he came back what did he say about their relationship. Again, if you have the time. I'm sorry if this is too much. Not many people give out detailed information. I just looove reading yours. Its gives a lot of info, about the two. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!! Image Image Image
Last edited by geissel on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby oifchick0405 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:51 am

wow crystal...u really nail it right on the dot! Great detail too....haha my favorite seasons are 1 and 2 b/c Brenda and Dylan are together....I think this show would've did so much better if they had let them stay together b/c they are what kept people watching...the only reason why I watched the shows after they broke up and Dylan got with Kelly was b/c I was hoping that Dylan came to his senses and kicked Kelly to the curb and he did basically and then Brenda didn't want to be with him when he did b/c when they went fishing Dylan gave her "the look" and she told him that she had seen that look before and didn't want to ruin their friendship is basically how she put it and then they let them get back together basically on Brenda's last episode and then they just leave ya hanging and then all the sudden,here comes Valerie and Dylan is back to his drinking again and they literally destroyed his character for a while...This show basically just went down the drain from season 4 all the way through....But that's my thoughts!

Jamie
Last edited by anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
oifchick0405
Shannen Fanatic

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:28 am

Again, memory is cloudy...

When the Walsh family invited Dylan to stay with them, Dylan was very surprised that it had been Brenda's idea due to it being so recent from him choosing Kelly over her.

When he first arrived at the Walsh house, he wanted to stay outside in the backyard just studying it. While talking to Brandon he said how it liked it because everything was the same as the day before and the day before that. When Brandon said he agreed and that it was just like the whole family "boring and predictable"; Dylan agreed but added "all except one" (implying Brenda). Just as he finished saying that, Brenda asked if they were ready to come inside where it was warmer; she had walked up without either guy noticing her.

Once inside, the three were up in Brandon's room preparing the sleeping arrangements for Dylan. They discussed what it was like when the Walsh's aunt Sheila had died and how at first Brenda didn't want to go to the funeral, she stated she felt better after attending (Brandon said it was the same for him). However, they said they would not force Dylan to attend a memorial for his dad if he didn't want to. Also, Brenda said how she believed that the loved one never really died, that they were always there in spirit. That angered/upset Dylan because he believed once you were dead, that was it. Brandon noting the tone of the conversation, excused himself to get more bedding supplies. Once Brandon was gone, Dylan started to calm down and apologized for his words towards Brenda and thanked her for allowing him to stay with her family. Brenda then apologized that it took her as long as it did for her to get past her pain from their break-up and reach out to him in his time of need. She told him that they would get through this painful time together and that everything would be okay. Dylan asked her to just keep telling him that.

When Dylan was getting ready for the memorial, he had problems with his tie and it was making him even more emotional than he already was. So, frustrated he came into the doorway of Brenda's room and asked if he had to wear a tie. When she replied "not if you don't want to", he entered her bedroom and looked around. He noticed that she had removed all mementos of her relationship with him and it did seem to add more pain for him. He was slightly relieved when she said that it was in the garage put away. They talked briefly about how years from then, Dylan would remember Brenda as just another girl he knew in high school. Dylan disagreed and said that he would always remember her as more than just another school classmate due to everything they went through together. Brenda said that it was nice to know that. They hugged briefly and then Dylan asked her to help him with his tie.

At the memorial service, Dylan sat beside Brenda. I think he was actually between the Walsh twins.
---------------

Yes, "Isn't It Romantic?" is the episode that started the Brenda & Dylan romance. It's one of my absolute faves. Here's the recap of their first date...

When Brenda is supposed to hang out with both guys, Brandon is sick, so Brenda goes out alone with Dylan (much to Jim's dismay). They go to the movie theater and Dylan is telling Brenda about the different people (first date, a pick-up, etc). When Brenda responds that he knows a lot about people and relationships, Dylan states "you don't?" which she replies she guesses not. Dylan suggests they ditch the movie (due to the long wait), and Brenda agrees asking what he has in mind. He takes her back to his condo. However, Dylan is upset to find his dad there. Brenda doesn't know what to do while Dylan & Jack are in another room in a screaming match. Dylan comes out of the room and heads straight for the alcohol. Brenda gets him to stop by reminding him that he has to drive her home. Then Dylan suggests they leave. On the way to the parking garage, Brenda is trying to find out what happened with Dylan and his dad, but Dylan is not in the mood. When Dylan lashes out at Brenda verbally, Brenda asks a valet to call her a taxi. Dylan states she doesn't need one, Brenda insists on it. Dylan reaches his boiling point and grabs a cermamic planter and smashes it on the ground. The violent outburst causes Brenda to take off running. Dylan chases after her and when he catches her, Brenda tries to shake him off. Brenda notices that Dylan's mood has again changed (he appears scared and upset). Dylan repeatedly apologizes for his outburst. He says that he was an idiot and asks her not to leave. When Brenda asks again about his dad, Dylan states that the man just gets to him and says he doesn't know what he;s supposed to do and buries his head in Brenda's shoulder upset and in frustration. Brenda does her best to comfort him and when Dylan pulls himself together more, they lock eyes, and he kisses her. It starts out innocently, but quickly turns passionate.

Later on, Dylan is telling Brenda about his relationship with his dad. He asks her if she regrets missing the movie, which she doesn't. He asks her not to tell Brandon that he lost his temper that night and she agrees. They share a couple more kisses during this time as well.
----------------

Brenda moved in with Dylan in the summer of 1992 after Jim blew up about him seeing Brenda sneaking around with Dylan when he had asked them to break-up due to her going to Baja without parental permission. Brenda and Dylan butted heads because Dylan's place was small and because Brenda was depressed about upsetting her parents. I would say it didn't work because they were forced to live together due to Brenda not wanting to deal with her parents and the pressure they put on her and Dylan. Dylan didn't want to push Brenda out, but he didn't know what to do about the situation either. Jim backed Dylan into a corner by saying that he would freeze his financial accounts and have him charged with statutory rape if Dylan didn't agree to help the Walsh parents talk Brenda into going to Paris for the summer.
------------------

Yes, Dylan mentioned Brenda when Shannen had exited the show. A couple of those were...

When Brandon came saying he owed Kelly and apology fior the way he treated her when he learned that Kelly & Brandon were a couple. Dylan said that he & Kelly fought all the time due to it being complicated with Brenda around.

When Valerie came over claiming the Walshes were worried about him. Dylan basically said that Valerie was trying to take over Brenda's life.

When Dylan returned in the later seasons, he mentioned Brenda as well. He asked Kelly if she ever wondered what would have happened if they never cheated on Brenda back when she was in Paris. Also, when he first arrived, after Donna asked how Brenda was doing, he told her to call her herself. Brenda seemed to be a subject he did not want to discuss.
--------------

When Valerie stated one time that he really loved Brenda, Dylan wouldn't reply or look her in the eye. When she asked about Kelly, he again would not answer. When she asked if he preferred the blonde or brunette, he only asked her "why thinking about dying your hair" effectively dodging the question. He told her not to go falling in love with him and she remarked he must have been burned out on the real thing.

---------------

Dylan got Brandon to tell Brenda about his engagement to Toni. He thanked Brandon for doing it saying he didn't think he'd be able to. When the Walsh parents sent a telegram congratulating him on his upcoming wedding, he said it was because they were happy he wasn't marrying Brenda.
-----------------

Hope this fills in the blanks for you. I do not mind doing these recaps, but as you can see, they are very time-consuming. Therefore, sometimes it may take me a while to reply.
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:18 am

Thanks a lot you are amazing!!!!!!!! I'm sorry i keep asking for recaps. You're details are great. I'm trying soo hard to get the isn't it romantic episode. If i'm successful, i'll try to email it to you!!!!! Thanks again for the recaps.
geissel
New Shannen Fan

Just curious

Postby crystalpersuasion » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:10 am

crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Just curious

Postby geissel » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:19 am

geissel
New Shannen Fan

Next

Return to Brenda Walsh