[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Steve and Brenda???

Steve and Brenda???

Talk about the other characters here.

Steve and Brenda???

Postby sweissman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:50 am

How many out there think Steve and Brenda would have been a cute couple to see on the show? I know Steve was a bit shallow and all of that, but I just got done watching an episode where they were pretty close to one another the whole time - can't remember the name so don't even ask please. Image Know they looked good together and I think that with Steve she at least wouldn't have to worry with all the drama and heartache Dylan put her through, never did care for him cheating on her with Kelly or making her feel bad whenever he drank and acted like things were always her fault. Sure Steve had his moments of cheating as well, but I don't think even he'd do Brenda like that, would break up with her before he did that so I'm just wondering what you all think on the subject - would Brenda and Steve had been a good couple you think and why or why not; also would they have at least been better than Brenda and Dylan you think?
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Steve and Brenda???

Postby crystalpersuasion » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:53 am

I think that Brenda and Steve would have been cute together for a short time. But, I don't think they would come close to what Brenda and Dylan had. B/D were each other's first love, as well as the great love of their life, and they had a strong bond that even survived Dylan going to Kelly and both cheating the summer before senior year. Their bond prevented Brenda from being able to move on into another relationship, Dylan to completely sever ties to her or be able to tell Brenda that he was getting married. It even sent him to London after the death of his wife. At least, that is what it seemed like to me. He needed to leave BH, I do not think it was coincidence that he ended up with Brenda. (I also think if his wife had lived, that the bond would have lead to the marriage falling apart and him going to Brenda.)

If I could choose the time that would have been best for Brenda and Steve to be put together, it would be right after Dylan and Kelly got together and Brenda knew about their summer fling. I think that Brenda being with Steve would have driven Dylan and Kelly crazy. Just remember, Brenda is Dylan's first and great love and Kelly and Steve were probably each other's first love as well. I think it would be justice for them to feel that pain as well, but I don't think Brenda and Steve would be together for that reason.

I think Brenda and Steve would have a fun relationship and enjoy each other's company. I don't know if Brenda would balk at having a sexual relationship with Steve though. On one hand, I'm sure she would be comfortable enough with him; but on the other, Steve kinda took sex too lightly and I think Brenda would see that as a turn-off. I guarantee that Steve would not have any problems in that area.

About the drama and the hearthache, I think she would get it even if it was with Steve. Like you mentioned, Steve had some flaws that would make him hard to deal with, wandering eye being biggest concern. Brenda could be possessive and jealous, Steve too flirty and fun-loving. It was going to make some fireworks, just different kind from Dylan. I also think that Jim would have had a problem with Steve; I think Jim just was not ready for his little girl to grow up. I think Brandon would be hesitate at first, the same way he was with her dating Dylan.

I did not see Dylan making it seem like his drinking and/or anything else was Brenda's fault. I think I know what you're talking about in that area though: when Dylan made it seem like Kelly was just the next girl he wanted to date after his break-up with Brenda because he hadn't told Brenda the truth. She even said that when she was told Dylan's choice and learned about the previous summer. What made Brenda feel bad while with Dylan was that she felt like she could not protect him from his problems, things that she was not supposed to take on herself, instead just support and love him.

So I guess it comes down to: I wouldn't have minded seeing Brenda and Steve together, but definitely not a long term thing. I can see them together more as a catalyst to bring Brenda and Dylan back together.

To me, there is no better pairing than Brenda/Dylan. Image
crystalpersuasion
Shannen Wanna Be

Steve and Brenda???

Postby sweissman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:05 am

sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Steve and Brenda???

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:36 pm

they would be good friends but as for a relationship i dont see it, brenda's better off with dylan. steve saunders would be a high maintenance guy i think giving brenda more probs than she got with dylan Image
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Steve and Brenda???

Postby oifchick0405 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:30 am

I basically agree with everything Crystal said earlier but one thing...I don't really think that even if Brenda and Steve had went out,that it wouldn't have lasted long at all. Brenda is a sweet girl and Steve is a spoiled brat to my opinion. I mean take for instance,Spring dance,when Brenda loses her V to Dylan and Kelly was Spring Princess and went to the dance with Brandon...Steve acted like a little crybaby like everything was about him and his life...the same way that Kelly acted too...I think Steve and Kelly were perfect for each other b/c both were spoiled brats and only cared about themselves. But back to the Brenda/Steve situation....Brenda would've gotten tired of Steve's ways and also Steve would act first and think later...sometimes his actions costed him dearly...like when he let those girls con him out of his car when him and Brandon were out...and then let 'em con him again!after they stole his car! and then when he cheated on his tests his Sr year and got caught...he never really thought it through before he went through with it and it ended up biting him in the arse. So I guess my answer would be "No" to Brenda and Steve,if they would've been a good couple.
oifchick0405
Shannen Fanatic

Steve and Brenda???

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:28 pm

Last edited by anonymous on Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-Lucy

Steve and Brenda???

Postby shannenwannabe » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:44 pm

I think Dylan and Brenda make a cute couple
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannenwannabe
New Shannen Fan

Steve and Brenda???

Postby monstervsangels » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:42 pm

Oh would've made it almost complete, Steve/Brenda, Dylan/Brenda, where was the other guys name like kelly she has dylan, steve, brendan, but missed her step brother rofl.

So would've made it interesting.
monstervsangels
Shannen Fanatic

Steve and Brenda???

Postby rosepedal79 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I definately think it would have made a good story line, and really would have hit Kelly and Dylan at home, and I think they would have done ok together for a while. So yeah I would have liked to see Brenda with Steve after what Kelly and Dylan did to her, but Brenda and Dylan are unforgettable, and irreplaceable.
rosepedal79

Steve and Brenda???

Postby chiclet » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:58 pm

I don't think Steve and Brenda would have ever worked as a couple,I would have been pissed if they were a couple actually. Mostly because it would have been out of character for both of them. Steve had his head too far up Kelly's butt all of the time,and Brenda didn't need her scraps. And for another thing,Steve was the A-hole who turned on her, and then tried to get the group to turn on her too... In the"Cat on The Hot Tin Roof" episode. Steve was not a loyal friend. If I remember correctly he even told Brenda. "I'm not YOUR friend,I'm Brandon's friend" or something to that effect.
Last edited by chiclet on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiclet
New Shannen Fan

Next

Return to Other Beverly Hills, 90210 Characters