[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - why didn't people like it...???

why didn't people like it...???

Talk about Shannen's role as Rene Mosier and any of the other characters!

Postby monkeylover » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:36 am

i agree with you 18+ rating was crap but my dad bought it for me anyway. way to go dad
monkeylover
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby sweissman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:47 am

Actually, I get the rated R label some....I know we can't all see that now because we're grown up, we're the generation that couldn't see it before, and we see things like that all the time so something like 'Mallrats' is nothing next to things today, but back when it first came out parents were more strict and things weren't as.....open in language and such as they are now so the ratings were higher; there are movies today which back then would have gotten R ratings, but are more violent PG-13 ones even though they deserve a 'R' really, at least in my mind.

The language back then was more swearing which didn't always happen unless it was a cable show, there are sexual innuendos and references which were few if any on network shows at least in the manner of 'Mallrats' - it was just a different time really so I do get the 'R' rating back then, but now....I can so see it getting a PG-13 if that. Back then though...I don't know if I'd give it an R myself, but I can understand a bit why they did at the same time.
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:27 pm

Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby venus » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:05 am

18+ rating? what a nosense!
there isn't anything bad on that film... and now children know about everything, they won't be surprised or anything watching the movie...
venus
New Shannen Fan

Postby charmedfreak2003 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 am

I've never seen it, so I couldn't tell you. However, I really want to see it.
charmedfreak2003
Shannen Fanatic

Previous

Return to Mallrats