Shannen, would you offer internships?!

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

Postby Linz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi Shannen,
I know you are VERY busy, so whenever you can answer this will be fine! I am an aspiring actress and I am a college student, majoring in Film! I have always admired your work, and you as a person, and I was just wondering if you would ever consider offering an internship for students to learn from you? About the industry- behind the scenes and in front of the camera? I have taken several semesters of film courses (for my Communication Studies major!) and am really enjoying the entire process and would love to learn more on a REAL set! I have trained in theatre and dance my whole life... so being on the other side of things is definitely interesting! LOL. I cannot wait to see you on Dancing with the Stars and will be voting for you every week!!! You have inspired me to follow my dreams and that means the world to me! I hope to work with you some day! Image

Love,
Lindsay Hecker
Last edited by Linz on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 pm

nicely put linz. shannen has reached out to so many fans and helped them become stronger and follow their dreams. she is a true inspiration for us all, a great role model. i sure hope she can point you in the right direction and give you some helpful points.

btw linz what does internships mean? i am from the UK and never heard of this and thought i would ask since i am going to California in june and need to know the dialect differences. Image
Last edited by anonymous on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Linz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Thank you Sarah! Image I am glad that came across well. Image I am moving to California as soon as I graduate, hopefully next May! That's awesome you are going there, you will LOVE it. Are you moving there or just visiting? An internship is like on-the-job training..... so in my case, it would involve being on movie sets or TV show sets and learning everything that goes on in front of the camera, and behind the scenes!! Image Sometimes you get paid, sometimes you don't. You sometimes have to do what they call the "dirty" work, stuff that you do not always want to do- like coiling cords or getting coffee, etc. But, usually it can be really fun! Internships can last anywhere from 1-5 months!!

Being an intern with Shannen would be amazing!!! Image Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by anonymous on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linz

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 pm

thanks for informing me about internships linz, there is a lot of language difference between our countries. Image

that would be cool if shannen were to assist you. you are doing all the right things linz, i also noticed you posted on her FB account too. i am sure in time she will reply to you. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Linz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:33 am

Thank you!!! I have always tried to do the right thing and go God's way! Image I would love for the opportunity to work with, and learn from, Shannen- it would be amazing! Image
Linz

Postby shell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:19 am

I would love to work with Shannen in acting as at college I am doing Performing Arts Level 2 and trying to get on Level 3 but if that don't happen I am going to get my grades up in Media which is the directing side of the industry.

I will be able to go stright onto Level 2 in that as my grades are high enough for that so I can skip Level 1.

But if I get the grade I need by the end of Level 2 I can go onto Level 3 Performing Arts. Its then for 2 years and its a big leap as there will be more work to bring home. I think I will be able to cope with it when I get used to it.

By the way Shannen inspired me to do Performing Arts from when I was 12. It was watching her acting that inspried me to do it even though I tried 2 preverse courses before this one and they wern't for me. Image
shell

Postby Linz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:15 am

Hey Shell!!!
That's awesome! I have wanted to be an actress since I was a little girl . Watching Shannen's acting definitely helped me to improve mine!!! Image It would sure be amazing to work with her!!! I think we would learn a LOT that would be invaluable to us!! I am studying Film in school, but still pursuing acting when I graduate. I'm acting in student films right now while in school.
Linz

Postby shell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 am

I agree with you Lindsey. I havn't told meany people at college that's why I am doing acting. Some know that's why I am doing it.

If I managed not to be so nerverse when I met Shannen in London I would of asked her to put good luck in college on one of the pics she signed for me.

Then I think she would of asked me what I was studying and I would of told her I was studing Performing Arts in college. It might of surprised her even more than I already did with what I named my birds. Image

That's great that you are studying film. I have keept more to the acting, visual effects, and directing side of the industry. That's why I might try media as my next course if I don't get on Level 3 Performing Arts. Image
shell

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:52 pm

i say hold onto to your dreams girls and dont let anyone put you off as they are only jealous. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby laurajaybee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 pm

^^ I think internships exist over here too, Sarah Image Have you never seen Scrubs? That's all they talk about Image

I think an internship with Shannen would be amaaaaazing! It would certainly help me achieve my dream Image I agree with Sarah, never, EVER give up on your dreams. You're very wise, Sarah Image

Laura
laurajaybee

Next

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty