[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - CNN Blog Shannen Doherty: "I don't want a 'Heathers' sequel"

CNN Blog Shannen Doherty: "I don't want a 'Heathers' sequel"

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

CNN Blog Shannen Doherty: "I don't want a 'Heathers' sequel"

Postby Dianna » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 am

Fans of the '80s movie "Heathers" were ecstatic over the 2009 announcement that a sequel to the movie about the original high school mean girls was in the works. But the flick's follow-up may have been killed, and star Shannen Doherty couldn't be happier.

"I'm weird about sequels to movies like 'Heathers,'" 39-year-old Doherty — who appeared alongside Winona Ryder and Christian Slater in the dark comedy — told CNN. "'Heathers' was a cult classic, and I think it should stay that and not be revamped or redone another way. It was amazing and amazing for that time period, and it can stay there. I'm very proud of that movie. It makes me nervous to see it messed with again.”

Ryder, however, is disappointed that the sequel talks have stalled.

"There was an idea, and I was sort of, like, on their back about like, 'We've gotta do it because, you know, Heathers exist outside of high school,'" Ryder, 39, told MTV. "There was this whole idea that [screenwriter] Dan [Waters], you know, came up with, with some little additions from me. At one point, I really wanted it to happen and was trying to get everyone riled up. But last I heard, who knows?"

According to Ryder, her co-stars seem unwilling to commit. "Everyone's doing their things right now," she said.

Source: http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13 ... rs-sequel/
Dianna
Site Admin

Re: CNN Blog Shannen Doherty: "I don't want a 'Heathers' seq

Postby shaed412 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am

I can't agree more with Shannen. Heather's doesn't need a sequel made. It was the movie it was because of the time it was in...a sequel now wouldn't make much sense. Plus, if Shannen wasn't going to be in it, wouldn't really be worth watching anyways! LOL.
shaed412
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Dianna » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Me too...also when I heard it was becoming a tv series way back I was also glad they didn't.
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm

i so agree guys. just leave films as they are, why make a sequel. If shannen wasn't going to be staring in it then why bothering watching it LOL :)
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Return to Shannen News