Shannen Doherty's interview for Miami Herald

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

Shannen Doherty's interview for Miami Herald

Postby Kristin Marie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Bride Shannen Doherty has a lot to say on her new reality show

Shannen Doherty is giving marriage another go. And let’s hope this one can go the distance (or at least a full calendar year).

The former 90210 star, 40, did the deed with George Hamilton’s son Ashley Hamilton for a few months in the 1990s; her second (seven-month) union to famed Paris Hilton sex tape partner Rick Salomon didn’t fare well, either. Their marriage was annulled in 2003. Almost a decade later, the onetime Charmed star may have found her match with photographer Kurt Iswarienko.

See how her planning process goes down, with a little help from wedding guru David Tutera, in the new WEtv reality show Shannen Says, airing 10 p.m. Tuesday. She chatted about it on a recent conference call:

This show is a chance for viewers to really get to know you. So what would you say is the biggest misconception about you?

I’ve done reality shows in a sense. I did Scare Tactics and Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty, but it was never about me. I was simply a host or I was guiding somebody else through their own real process. But I’ve never ever, ever opened my life up. So this is a whole new thing for me. And certainly a whole new thing for my now husband. And I guess the biggest misconception would be that I only have one side to me. Seems to be the biggest one and that people don’t ever consider how old I was when some of the crazier stuff happened, which by today’s standards is incredibly tame. And they don’t consider that I have grown up and that there is a softer, more vulnerable side or they don’t consider what was behind some of the antics when I was very young.

What compelled you to do this show? Whose idea was it?

It was mine. And it was shared with my husband as well. It was one of those moments where we were on vacation and maybe we had drunk one too many margaritas and thought it would be kind of interesting to do something together — to work together. We’re very, very big fans of Anthony Bourdain. And we love his show No Reservations. But also the Deadliest Catch is one of our favorite shows. And I remember watching that show and thinking, ‘Wow, they do it right.’ You know, they get you so invested in these guys and what they’re going through. It’s raw, and it’s emotional, and it’s gritty. And then Anthony Bourdain who’s, you know, snarky and intelligent and cutting edge, and it’s shot so well. We were kind of intrigued by the idea of bringing that sort of different, I don’t want to say quality but it’s a different kind of a quality to celebrity reality TV.

When and how did you meet Kurt, and was there instant chemistry?

I met Kurt on a photo shoot. There was instant chemistry. I think we may have finally actually started dating . . . . two months after that. He said to me, ‘I’ve missed you since I was a child.’ And it was just sort of very poetic. . . . that we had in another life known each other. There was such a connection there.

How are you enjoying newlywed life?

Things couldn’t be better. Married life is amazing, and I can only say that because of my partner, because of Kurt. He woke up this morning and went surfing. It’s the little things. It’s when he comes home, and the first thing he does is come in my office and wrap his arms around me and say, ‘I love you. I missed you.’ You know, even though he was only gone for two hours. It’s a relationship I’ve dreamed about my entire life, and it’s the closest thing that I’ve ever had to what my parents had, which was so unbelievably beautiful and special.

This is your third marriage; what’s different this time?

This is for real. I met a man that just lights me up, you know, one who makes me laugh and makes me smile, who makes me happy, who drives me to frustration to tears and then to laughter all over again. I met someone who challenges me intellectually, who stands up for himself, that just makes me a better person. And I think I do all that for him. And I also met my partner, you know. I met my soul mate. I met the one person that I can be around 24/7 and not want to go crazy and lock myself in a room.

Madeleine Marr

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/13/2 ... rylink=cpy
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Re: Shannen Doherty's interview for Miami Herald

Postby shannen46 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks for sharing, it's very interesting :)
<<What you resist, persists>>
Shannen, thanks for being so authentic!
shannen46
Very Important Shannen Fan

Return to Shannen Doherty